Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Firefox 60.8.0ESR not loading Power BI Reports Since 8-11-2019

Description

• What symptoms are occurring?: We have a confirmed case of Firefox version (60.8.0ESR) not being able to load any of our Power BI reports. We get an almost done icon in the middle of the screen and the report never loads. We have confirmed on multiple end-users and also all test VM's running this same browser version.

• We have attempted a firefox "Refresh" to remove all users setting and go back to default. This was unsuccessful.

• Users state that this started happening yesterday, 8-11-2019.

• We have confirmed that the reports do run in Version 68.0.1;
  • If you are receiving an error message, what are the full details of this error message?: No error message.

• Can the problem be reproduced on demand or is this intermittent? If so, how?: Reproduced on demand, all end users and all test VM's.

• If tested, are others having the same issue?: Yes

• Has this ever worked before?: Yes

Comments
asjones
Helper IV

Also seeing this and amazed MS is letting this happen. It is a real pain to tell users to switch browsers when it should work across browswers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue in our company, using multiple browser is not an option.

lindkj
Regular Visitor

Firefox releases 68.0.2ESR

Update: We found that Firefox posted download files for 68.0.2ESR this morning. Available for download here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/.

We have downloaded and are in the process of testing all our internal applications for an enterprise push later this week if all testing comes back successful. We don't want to bug out another business app. 

Testing of Power BI Services shows a successful report run in this new version!

lindkj
Regular Visitor

Support ticket has come back from Microsoft Power BI Support with a confirmed bug. They do have a workaround. Open browser developer tools and in the console set variable for event equal to undefined.

event=undefined;

I have tested and it works for the user's session. Once you set the variable a user can browse multiple reports. I know this is not a great workaround for end-users, but if you have a power user that needs immediate access and has no other browsers available this will work. 

They said bug ticket has been filed with the development team and a fix is slated for the mid-September release. 

We are in the process of upgrading all users to 68.0.1ESR which was released from Ivanti for our SCCM deployment. 

dibaSFP
Advocate I

@lindkjThank you so much for sharing this!

I can confirm this works, which is great.

However, please note that the correct syntax is:

event=undefined;

That is everything in lower case, not Event=Undefined as originally posted.

lindkj
Regular Visitor

@dibaSFP  I have updated my original post. Thanks for the heads up.

bsmithUI
Advocate I

We have had users report the same issue. 

calimero48
Helper II

Hi

Firefox has been updated to version 69.0.1 (32-bit)

Power Bi Report server Version 1.5.7074.36177 (May 2019).

With this version of Firefox when we launch https://servername/reports we got a blank page

In the Firefox console we got

The character encoding of the plain text document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the file needs to be declared in the transfer protocol or file needs to use a byte order mark as an encoding signature.

We tried

event=undefined;

but that do not solve the issue

calimero48
Helper II

Hi

After update to version Version 1.6.7206.42072 (September 2019) of powerbi report server; i still have the same issue.

How can we solve of this issue?

Kind Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone heard any updates regarding this? Just recently my embedded reports have stopped building in Firefox(70.0.0.1). Oddly Dashboards and Q&A still function as normal but on Reports it gets stuck on the loading icon.