Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Filters on dates are not applied when I export the underlying data

Hi,

I'm not sure what is happening but when I'm trying to export the underlying data from a matrix visual containing a hierarchy with 3 levels coming from a lookup table, a measure (which is simply the sum of the amount on my fact table)  and the years from a Calendar table the date filter is not applied:

It is indicated that a filter is applied on the "Dates" field which comes from my Calendar table for 01 October 2018 and before 01 November 2018. However, the "Date" field of my fact table, that is used to link both tables, shows all dates:

Excel ExportExcel Export

Here is the start schema of my model with the relationships:

Capture2.PNG

In addition, if I'm replacing my measure by the "Amount" field of my fact table then the Excel export take into account the date filter and is right.

Can some help me to understand what I'm doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Ben

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @BenSensdat,

From your description, the issue occurs when you export data from a matrix visual to Excel on Power BI service, right? 

Is the matrix on Power BI report filter correctly before exporting data? Have you export data from the same matrix visual in Power BI desktop, does the same issue occur? 

I created a similar report as yours on my side, didn't reproduce the issue both in Power BI desktop and service. Please test our report on your side to see if the same issue occurs. 

q6.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu