Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Filters locked in one report, but not others using same data model

This is really weird.  I have one report where the filters on my visuals are locked to values 1,2,3,4 but the slicer has all values 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 selected (there aren't the real filter values, only using for example).  In addition, you do not see any filters applied in the filter window (visual, page, nor report). I have the slicer synced with all the pages in my report.  

This is really weird because I am not experiencing this issue in any other of my reports that use the same slicer.  

I create all my reports in Power BI Service and only use Desktop to build my data model. 

Please help!

Thanks, 

Chris

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

In these visuals, please enable the Show items with no data option then check if all values 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 display. 

q4.PNG

Also you can create a new report page, add the same visuals to see if same data display. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun, 

I made sure the "show items with no data" was checked, no change - filtered rows are not changing. 

I added a new report page (great idea) and found that I am getting the expected results.  

This makes me think that there is something wrong with the sync slicers.  I am relying on sync slicers and bookmarks heavily in this report.  

I have a slicer report page that is synced with all the other content pages in the report.  An end user can click on a bookmark (which updates the slicers on the report page) changing the content in the report page they are viewing.  

Below are my settings for my bookmarks

Bookmark.jpg

Any more ideas?  I appreciate the help!

Thanks, 

Chris

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Is there a pbix file for the report? Is it is, please share it with us. 

If not, I would suggest you create a support ticket to Microsoft and let engineers look into the report to see what happens. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu