Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Filters does not always apply to hidden objects

Hi,

I have fairly big report (Direct Connection) that consists of about 110 objects. They are divided into 4 different bookmarks and I have different links to control witch bookmarks are displayed. There is a set of 4 different slicers to select the desired data, these slicers are connected to all 110 objects and are always displayed.

All this works fine (in desktop), and it is incredibly responsive! It also most of the time works at app.powerbi.com, but ever so often the filters applied to the slicers does not effect the hidden visuals. As soon as the user press the Update button everything is fine, and all the filtering problems are gone. The user can slice, change bookmarks and everything updates as it should until the next time the user opens the report.

This must be a bug? (Client version: 2.54.4970.761 64-bit)  

As long as everything works fine in the desktop, I do not think I am doing something wrong. Anyone else experiencing this?

The bookmarks are setup with “Display” and “Current Page” checked, and “Data” unchecked.

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @SpanTag,

The bookmark will record the status of the report. When you apply a filter then click one bookmark, the status will revert to the status the bookmark recorded. So the filter will be cleared. Is this the scenario? If not, please provide a sample or steps that I can used to reproduce.

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

SpanTag
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

I might have misunderstood but I believed that if the "Data" selection on the bookmark is unchecked when updating the bookmark, filter settings would not be reset. This is at least how it works in the Client, and my understanding of the explanation given here; Desember Release 

I do not know how I can provide you a sample of this.. It only occurs in app.powerbi. Locally in the Client it works perfectly. 

Also after pressing the refresh button in the report at app.powerbi everything works. So the users are instructed now to Always hit the refresh button when opening the report, then everything works as it should until the report is closed. Obviously not a good work-around. 

I can try to explain how the report works.

I have 4 slicers (date, department and so on). These are connected to All 110 visuals. 

The 110 visuals are divided into 3 different Bookmarks that control what visuals are visible and hidden. 

Default the report has a last 3 months time span. If I change this to lets say 3 days, and switch bookmark, those visuals that were hidden still show last 3 months.

If I hit the "Refresh" button before changing from last 3 months to last 3 days, then all the hidden visuals obey the date slicer even though they were hidden. After refreshing the report everything works just as it does in the client.