Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Filter not visible in PowerBI embedded Dashboard

I tried the java script sample from github inwhich i tried to embed the dashboad into webpage but the problem is i coudent able to see the filter option when embeding into dashboard where as i could see the filter option while coming to embeding reports,is there any way to see the filter in embeding dashboard. i have attached the screen shots of the problem

Embedded dashboard.pngEmbedded reports.png

Comments
tejasjkadakia
Regular Visitor

I am having something similar issue. I am trying to apply the filters programatically via javascript, but the report is not accepting any filters. It was working fine in my production evniornment till last week and it stoped working all of a sudden without any single change in code or in PBIX source file.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@sai2

This issue should has been fixed now. Please have a check.

Best Regards,
Herbert

sai2
Frequent Visitor

HI @v-haibl-msft,

Great work Herbert ! Its working perfectly, Appreciate your support.

Thanks 

saicharan

Anonymous
Not applicable

"I am having something similar issue. I am trying to apply the filters programatically via javascript, but the report is not accepting any filters. It was working fine in my production evniornment till last week and it stoped working all of a sudden without any single change in code or in PBIX source file."

We have this exact same proble as @tejasjkadakia and it has not been solved for us as of yet. @tejasjkadakia how about you?

So this doesn't seem to be the exact problem as initially stated in this thread, but could very well be related. We are very eager to learn what's going on here and how to solve it, because this basically makes our whole web application unusable. And we want to go live next week.

@v-haibl-msft hope to hear from you soon!

jagatho
Frequent Visitor

We are having the exact same issue.

Filter set through the API has not worked since mid last week.

If you manually sort the matrix visual, it correctly filters by the API filter, so it must have been passed along.

sgivoni
Regular Visitor

We have a related issue as stated by @Anonymous. No changed has been made to the solution either in pbi report or sharepoint site. The site has embedded a pbi report and is sending javascript filter to the report. As of friday last week the filter didn't seem to be applied anymore. Now it is inconsistent. Sometimes the filter is applied. Sometimes it is not. It has not been fixed with @v-haibl-msft latest update.

prateekraina
Memorable Member

Hi @sgivoni,

The issue stated in this thread is different. You should create a new issue so that it is addrerssed separately as this will cause confusion to other users. This thread is related to embedding dashboards, wherein, slicers were not visible.

Prateek Raina

tejasjkadakia
Regular Visitor

Hi @Anonymous & @sgivoni

No the issue still exists. I have raise this with Microsoft as well, but haven't heard back any response from Microsoft yet.

Tejas Kadakia

tejasjkadakia
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

The issue stated in this thread is different compared to the issue I am facing. Hence I have created a new thread.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Issue-with-applying-filter-programatically-via-JavaScript/idi...

Tejas 

marcosragi

Hey Folks, 

we are experiencing the following problem:

We signed the PBI Premium EM1 License and we built an extranet portal in Sharepoint O365, the Problem number 1 -  We only can embed an premium EM1 Report using the SP Moder Pages, Problem Number 2 - We cannot use an regular Iframe to embed the PBI, only the PBI WebPart, using this webpart I can't send a parameter to the PBI Report, I'm looking for a solution 2 days in all kind of forums.

We thought about use the PBI Embedded License, but in this case the problem is, we are using AD B2B Guest Users to make the single sign on over SP, PBI and Internal Applications, only using the AD Premium.

Does anyone have any Idea how to solve it?