Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Filter list of "group" values dialogbox

Say, we have a big table with many rows, combining data for multiple questions of a survey:

One.PNG

Now, I create a simple barchart display data only for QuestionID "iNum2", so I set a visal level filter; so far so good:

Two.PNG

But now, I want to group values, so I click new group for the column AntwoordTekst:

Three.PNG

The dialog box that appears shows all answer text of all questions, despite my filter on QuestionID:

Four.PNG

While I would prefer to see only the answerTexts within my visual level filter here.

Would that be possible?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Barendnu,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 72602640. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Barendnu,

Please see information below: 

There is no issue here, this is by design. Just because you have an entry point from a visual doesn't mean all the context of the visual is reflected in the "Ungrouped Values" dialog. The dialog has the same behavior when it is started from the field in the field well or from the field in the table list. So filters have absolutely no impact on the values you see and you should see all the values that exist in the database for that column to be grouped on. If you want to group only the particular values show in the visual you would need to select them in the visual and right click - Group. More details here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-grouping-and-binning

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu