Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Filter context not passed to report tool tip if tooltip report page is hidden in Power BI service

If you hide a page that is used for a report tooltip, the tooltip will work fine in the Desktop but when you publish it to the Service the filter context of the visual where you use the tooltip with won't be passed to it so you just get the tooltio with no filter context applied at all (so fairly useless)

Not hiding the tooltip pages isn't a show stopper but doesn't look very tidy

Comments
edwardrmiles
Helper III

If you hide a page that is used for a report tooltip, the tooltip will work fine in the Desktop but when you publish it to the Service the filter context of the visual where you use the tooltip with won't be passed to it so you just get the tooltio with no filter context applied at all (so fairly useless)

Not hiding the tooltip pages isn't a show stopper but doesn't look very tidy

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @edwardrmiles,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. The report page tooltip value still can be filtered based on each filter context eg: pie chart slice. See: 

DesktopDesktopServiceService

Please test with our report on your side to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

edwardrmiles
Helper III

@v-qiuyu-msft this is now working again. I didn't change anything so I presume a change in the Service has been made. Thank you for you assistance