Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Filter Pane interferes with Export to PDF

The Export to PDF functionality is impacted by the new filter pane, perhaps unintentionally or perhaps it is not working as intended.

When I export with the filter pane expanded, the filter pane is accounted for in the space calculations (i.e. the filter pane would fit in the PDF export) but it is not actually in the export. When I collapse the filter pane, only the size needed for the dashboard itself is exported to PDF. 

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @rutgerboll ,

Based on my test, it is not supported to show Filters Pane in PDF export. Here is an idea for you to upvote.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

rutgerboll
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yulgu-msft , just to be clear, i dont want the filter pane to be included in the export. What i am saying is that the recent update is causing the filter pane to interfere with the PDF export.

PDF with filter pane hidden

PDF with filter pane turned on

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @rutgerboll ,

In my test, hidding or expanding filters pane didn't interfere the PDF export. Did you apply any page settings? Does this symptom occur in any report or specifc report? 

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

rutgerboll
Frequent Visitor

@v-yulgu-msft That's odd. I didn't change anything when I upgraded to the latest version of PowerBI. And the example report I attached above is just using one of the sample datasets provided in the documentation.

It occurs in every report that I have now. 

rutgerboll
Frequent Visitor

@v-yulgu-msft here is a link to the PBIX file that I used to generate the PDFs

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1a031L_Tw5cCAQMtayEudoyBUl5vMvSUE

edit: just noticed that if you have a scrollbar on the page it exports to the PDF too, even though the export is the appropriate size for the page.