Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Filter Pane Cosmetics

The new filter experience is not making my life easier.  Aside from losing the filter area below the Values section on desktop, I now find I have to format and style every single tab that has filters.  This is adding more time to development schedule and dropping an unneccessary step into the process.

Can you please give us the ability to apply filter styling globally across all tabs in an application?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @SSF_GB

Which single tab do you mean in the words "I now find I have to format and style every single tab that has filters"? 

If you mean the filter card, based on my test, settings in Filter cards will apply to each filter card in new filter panes. See: 

q6.PNGq7.PNG

Reference: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-report-filter-preview#format-the-new-filters-pane

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

SSF_GB
Frequent Visitor

That's not the case.  Open a new application and style the filter pane.  Then click to add a new tab.

You need to then restyle the filter pane as there's no option to apply the styling globally, or on a report level.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @SSF_GB

I'm not very clear about what you mean. Would you please share detail steps for us to test it? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

SSF_GB
Frequent Visitor

Open a new application and style the filter pane. 

Then click to add a new tab.

You need to then restyle the filter pane as there's no option to apply the styling globally, or on a report level.

SSF_GB
Frequent Visitor

Style the Filter Pane means changes the font/colours etc.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @SSF_GB

It's not supported currently. You can vote this same idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/36051676-set-format-properties-on...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu