Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Filled map doesn't show "Norway"

I am using the "Filled Maps" visual within my report and adding different countries including "Norway".
The map shows every country but Norway is not marked with a colour. 

We tried different scenarios:
- Power BI Desktop --> Norway is shown
- Google Chrome --> Norway is shown
- Google Chrome Incognito --> Norway is not shown
- Google Chrome with Signed in into Chrome --> Norway is not shown
- Edge --> Norway is not shown

Do you have an idea why this happens?
Thanks

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

It seems to work fine for me. Republish report using the latest version of Power BI Desktop and create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey!

Similar problem! Norway is not shown in the Desktop. I´m using version Version: 2.81.5831.821 64-bit (May 2020).

Kind of need to get this fixed quickly!

ggonzales07
Regular Visitor

Same thing here.

Lately, Norway, Monaco and Western Sahara are not recognized by Filled Maps. It was working like 2 weeks ago.

Im using the latest version of PBI desktop Version: 2.81.5831.821 64-bit and Edge chromium

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-chuncz-msft ,

after updating to the latest Power BI Desktop version, I have the problem within Power BI Desktop, too. Not only in the Power BI Service.

"Norway" is still not visible within the filled maps. And it seems that I am not the only one who have this problem, how you can see in the other comments.

It would be very great if this could get fixed quickly. Thanks!

gregmount
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Same issue with Version: 2.81.5831.821 64-bit (May 2020). Norway is verified in the data but not showing up in the filled map. Desktop version and web version same issue. ArcGIS does not have the issue and neither does the normal map. 

Please fix quickly,

Thanks

ggonzales07
Regular Visitor

Hi Guys,

Please vote up this issue

gregmount
Regular Visitor

I've opened a ticket with Microsoft to address. Engineers are working on the issue. I'll give an update when it is resolved.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@gregmount Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi team,

same issue here -Norway and Somalia are not rendering on Power BI maps in Desktop (march 2020) or app.powerbi.com service.

This is in deployed maps on public facing sites so it is imperative that it be addressed. Thanks in advance.

Update - same issue happens with May 2020 version of Power BI and affects Monaco which is treated as "France" meaning that any content written about Monaco rendered in place of content for France.

Updating to latest version of Power BI desktop made no difference to Norway or Somalia rendering correctly in PBI desktop or Power BI service opened in Chrome/IE or Edge.

Update 2: Also spotted that Svalbard and Jan Mayen no longer are filled either but I don't know if this is new or not.

Art_RG
Frequent Visitor

Hi,
Same issue here in Desktop. I hope It can be solved soon.