Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Filled map Alaska census areas

I have a filled map vizualization with data at the county level. Per the latest census FIPS code/county definitions, Valdez-Cordova Census Area, AK has been split into Chugach Census Area, AK and Copper River Census Area, AK. The Bing Maps geocoder does not appear to recognize either of the two new county areas, and instead the whole state of Alaska is being shaded.

Hi @kx127 ,

Previously, there were also some areas that could not be covered by the map, which should be related to the fact that some areas were not identified into Google Maps.
Let's first confirm the information.
What version of power bi desktop are you using?
Are you comfortable uploading the pbix file (without private data) so that I can test it and report the problem if it does exist? This will help you to solve the problem better.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @kx127 ,

Previously, there were also some areas that could not be covered by the map, which should be related to the fact that some areas were not identified into Google Maps.
Let's first confirm the information.
What version of power bi desktop are you using?
Are you comfortable uploading the pbix file (without private data) so that I can test it and report the problem if it does exist? This will help you to solve the problem better.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

kx127
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-mengzhu-msft ,

Thank you, I am using Version: 2.111.590.0 64-bit (November 2022)

Here is an example of the issue. In the list, counties 1-5 map properly but 6 and 7 are unable to be found. This is just a simple filled map and matrix but let me know if this is not enough information for you to test.

kx127_0-1670341143720.png

kx127_1-1670341157570.png