Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fill map not matching Bing map

I'm trying to create a fill map with information of bolivian cities and the area colored in the Fill Map of power BI does not match the area shown for the same city in Bing maps.

An example is the city of Cotoca, Santa Cruz, Bolivia with in Bing Maps is correctly shown to the east of Santa Cruz de la Sierra, meanwhile in Power BI fill map it is shown to be way off to the north-east.Cotoca According to Bing (Correct)Cotoca According to Bing (Correct)Cotoca according to Fill Map (Incorrect)Cotoca according to Fill Map (Incorrect)

This is just one example, thera are many other similar issues including some cities that don't even show up in Fill Map.

Hi @crpacheco 

I tried to restore the scene you mentioned, but failed, can you provide your pbix file? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @crpacheco 

I tried to restore the scene you mentioned, but failed, can you provide your pbix file? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

crpacheco
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft , I'm not sure how to attach a pbix file, only options I get to attach are pictures or videos, however It's very easy to replicate. Just Enter data as shown in the table below:

CountryStateCity
BoliviaSanta CruzSanta Cruz de la Sierra
BoliviaSanta CruzCotoca
BoliviaSanta CruzSan Antonio de Lomerío

Create a new Filled map with the three fields as the location, drill down to the City level and you'll see that eventhough the map shows Cotoca to be adjacent to the east of Santa Cruz, the area that gets shaded is off to the north-east. It is shading the area of a different city (San Antonio de Lomerío)

ferferb

Hello, I am having a similar problem. In my case I want to reflect information from the province of "La Rioja" in Argentina and the system automatically associates it with La Rioja, Spain even though I put the country in the location. I leave the link to the board in case someone can help me. Thanks.

Bodegas Argentinas