Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

File save failed , possibly due to a transient issue with the network connectivity or sign-in state.

I try to save and get the following message: File save failed, possibly due to a transient issue with the network connectivity or sign-in state.  Try saving again.  If the problem persists, try signing in again or contact support.

Troubleshooting so far

1) I confirmed that I'm signed in.

1.a When I try to sign out, I get the following warning:

Save your work?

The file you're editing is protected by your org's information protection policy. Before signing out, you should save your work.  Otherwise, some of your changes may be lost.

1.b I click on Save.   Then get the message I posted at the top. 

Note/personal opinion:  This loop is a suboptimal user experience.

2) My network is good, I'm even signed into my companies vpn.

I can close down PowerBI...but this is a bug, I hope this gets fixed. 

mikebreen_0-1669832439744.png

Feedback Type:

Frown (Error)

Timestamp:

2022-11-30T17:45:36.0422150Z

Local Time:

2022-11-30T09:45:36.0422150-08:00

Session ID:

71001010-cd95-4fa0-bb33-b458ba5a74a9

Release:

November 2022

Product Version:

2.111.581.0 (22.11) (x64)

OS Version:

Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.22621.0 (x64 en-US)

CLR Version:

4.8 or later [Release Number = 533320]

Peak Virtual Memory:

71.5 GB

Private Memory:

920 MB

Peak Working Set:

1.25 GB

IE Version:

User ID:

117bb019-98f4-xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Workbook Package Info:

1* - en-US, Query Groups: 0, fastCombine: Disabled, runBackgroundAnalysis: True.

Telemetry Enabled:

True

Thanks for your sharing.

For users who have the same issue may refer to :

“The UX of PowerBI, in the upper right where my name is shown, indicates that I'm signed in.  It would be user-friendly if this area of the UX reflected the actual status of me not being signed in.

When I went to File, at the bottom left was a Sign in option.  When I clicked on sign in, I signed in and subsequently was able to save.”

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @mikebreen ,

Does this problem still exist? I have not successfully reproduced this issue and have not received any feedback from other users with similar experiences to yours at this time.
Based on the error message you provided, this is usually a temporary issue, please check if it is working now.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

mikebreen
Employee

This "temporary issue" happens to me a few times a month over the past several months.  

The "temporary solution" is to restart PowerBI.

How can I help the PowerBI team fix this bug?  Where should I send the log file?

Thanks,

Mike  

mikebreen
Employee

@v-xiaoyan-msft,

The UX of PowerBI, in the upper right where my name is shown, indicates that I'm signed in.  It would be user-friendly if this area of the UX reflected the actual status of me not being signed in.

When I went to File, at the bottom left was a Sign in option.  When I clicked on sign in, I signed in and subsequently was able to save.

Thanks,

Mike

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Thanks for your sharing.

For users who have the same issue may refer to :

“The UX of PowerBI, in the upper right where my name is shown, indicates that I'm signed in.  It would be user-friendly if this area of the UX reflected the actual status of me not being signed in.

When I went to File, at the bottom left was a Sign in option.  When I clicked on sign in, I signed in and subsequently was able to save.”

mikebreen
Employee

@v-xiaoyan-msft I see the status is DELIVERED.  Are there any additional step I should take so that this is treated like a bug and reviewed by the PowerBI team to be fixed?

mikebreen_0-1671042594074.png

soumikdas6
Regular Visitor

I have faced the similar issue, but in my case the bug was my senstivity. It was confidential earlier. I have changed it to Public and then I tried to save it and it worked.