Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

File > Download the PBIX file > Error

I am getting the following error when I attempt to use the workspace option: File > Download the PBIX file

Can't export to Power BI Desktop format

We couldn't export to .pbix format.

I have routinely downloaded this same file in PBIX format.

OP resolved

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, @v-aajoh 

Unfortunately, I did not encounter the same error as yours after the test.

According to this “Download the PBIX file” feature, the biggest limitation is that you can’t download the report you created in the Power BI service. Here is some other detailed limitation of this feature, you can take a look:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-export-to-pbix#considerations-and-t...

You can try to sign out of your current account and clean the cache of the browser and sign in again to download the pbix file. Or you can try to switch to another browser.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Can't reproduce this issue

v-aajoh
Employee

OK to mark as resolved - the issue is no longer present.
I suspect it was related to the 365 outages.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

OP resolved

mz_1122
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-robertq-msft 

Im still experiencing the same problem today when i try to download pbix.

mjsalv
Regular Visitor

Hi everyone. I have the same issue. Did you manage to solve it @mz_1122 ?

mz_1122
Frequent Visitor

@mjsalv  Eventually i kept trying til i got that download to work. Should be some outage from pbi/MS. Didn't experience it recently for my recent downloads.

neelamra
hi pbi community, after having downloaded the update of power bi, i can't open any of my power bi reports, this error message show below appears: Error Message: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.Architecture' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'. thanks, neelamra