Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fieldvalueastext

Hi there,

Whatever I did set up in field value as text suddenly dissapeared after the last powerbi new release refresh and the fieldvalue as text does not work for me anymore. It does cause issue for me for reporting.

Do you know what has happened?

Thanks, Szilárd

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@szlipcsei

I test with some visuals which includes text values and no issue found on my side, both in Power BI Desktop and Service. Could you please provide more details about your issue? Some screenshots are preferred.

Best Regards,
Herbert

szlipcsei
Frequent Visitor

Fieldvalue as text.JPG

Here you go! 🙂

Previously when I worked with it, all the different columns were there to select from, now I have only this. Even the existing reports were "destroyed" and the formatted data dissapeared.

Thanks, Szilárd

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@szlipcsei

What is your data source here?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

szlipcsei
Frequent Visitor

My datasource is a SP list from our organisation's O365 based SP sites. I've been using this method with the FieldValuesAsText over three month now, converting names which are records onto text, but it suddenly dissapeared after I downladed the newest version.

Thanks, Szilárd

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@szlipcsei

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 37299199
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

szlipcsei
Frequent Visitor

Thank you! I appreciate all your efforts on this.

Regards, Szilárd

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@szlipcsei

The product team confirm that this is a bug, and expect to release an update to Power BI Desktop in the middle of next week (~5/16).

Best Regards,
Herbert

szlipcsei
Frequent Visitor

Great! Thanks Herbert for taking care of this. After the updates I'll refer back on the results.

Thanks, Szilárd