Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Field Paramters and DAX function Columnstatistics()

Hi,
When working with the new feature 'Field Parameters' then DAX function Columnstatics() is not working.

It produces composite key error.

When using COLUMNSTATICS() function in Power BI, it should be in a calculated virtual table, not as a physically calculated table directly. See: New DAX Function COLUMNSTATISTICS – Overview 

In addition, about field parameters table, it is shown as a multidimensional model table in Power BI, please refer:

DAXMD and DefaultMembers 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

When using COLUMNSTATICS() function in Power BI, it should be in a calculated virtual table, not as a physically calculated table directly. See: New DAX Function COLUMNSTATISTICS – Overview 

In addition, about field parameters table, it is shown as a multidimensional model table in Power BI, please refer:

DAXMD and DefaultMembers 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

mkavcic
Frequent Visitor

Hi,
Thank you for your answer Yingjie Li.

Here are more details regarding the error.

I was using COLUMNSTATISTICS function to create a virtual table in DAX Studio.

When using COLUMNSTATISTICS function with the new field parameters table applied, I get a composite key error. 

However, I can work with field parameters table in DAX Studio, if I specify the columns correctly. I get the columns and fields accordingly. 

Then I tried using COLUMNSTATISTICS function on a data model, that does not have field parameters applied, then it works without an error.

All the best,

Mitja

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same for us.

We are building a cloud software and embedding reports from Power BI.

We want to run the 'execute queries' with REST API and use COLUMNSTATISTICS() to get a list of all tables and columns but we face the same issue.

Without field patameters in the dataset, it works. Include field parameters we get the same error as mentioned...

Need help...