Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Field Parameters with Timeline

I'm trying to display equipment operation data based on date/time for trouble shooting. After creating Field Parameters to allow toggling between various equipment readings, I displayed the equipment outputs vs. Date/time.

This process works as a table (see below), but when converted to bar or line chart (or combination) it stops working completely.

What could be causing this? Is it a set up issue with the line/bar chart data? Please send help - user error seems likely but I've asked internally and reviewed multiple examples and I don't see what I've done differently.

Jpowelllittler_1-1653661082160.png

Seems like could not reproduce it in my side when using the 2.105.923 version of Power BI Desktop temporarily since it has still been a preview feature.

You can refer the limitations of field paramters here: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-field-parameters

In addition, you can consdier sharing more details about this issue, like the steps which could reproduce it or a dummy sample file about it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Seems like could not reproduce it in my side when using the 2.105.923 version of Power BI Desktop temporarily since it has still been a preview feature.

You can refer the limitations of field paramters here: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-field-parameters

In addition, you can consdier sharing more details about this issue, like the steps which could reproduce it or a dummy sample file about it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

madishn
Regular Visitor

I ran into the similar issue where by using fields parameter feature, I managed to include three measures into a line chart using fields parameter. The visual works as expected on desktop version, but when I publish it to the service, the lines are not showing anymore on the chart.

I tried it with in different workspaces and different apps (Pro license) but the issue persists.

I also realized I have the same issue when using fields parameter with other visuals such as filled map and matrix.

I have the latest PBI version installed (Version: 2.105.923.0 64-bit (May 2022))