Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Field Parameters not working with bookmarks and shared links

When I use a field parameter in a matrix, save this as a "personal" bookmark, and then open this bookmark, other fields get dropped from the table.

To reproduce:

* Create a field parameter and add some measures to this.

* Create a matrix with columns/rows and add the field parameter to the values.

* Publish this to a power bi premium service.

* Save the view as a personal bookmark.

* Naviate back to the report, open the personal bookmark.

All the columns are now dropped from the matrix.  

The current work around is to tap the "reset" on the matrix.

Hi @GaryH 

Fix is in PR. It will deploy to most PROD clusters by 8/13 . 

The existing bookmarks will not be fixed. If you has a bookmark for a visual that contains field parameters, and PV is enabled but the visual was not actually personalized, you need to recapture the bookmark. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @GaryH 

This is the page I have set up in Desktop .

Ailsamsft_0-1658217895877.png

This is the page where I add personal bookmark on Service .

Ailsamsft_1-1658218077459.png

Then I naviate back to the report, open the personal bookmark. This is the page after I re-click the personal bookmark . All the columns are still in the matrix

Ailsamsft_2-1658219197324.png

Best Regards,

GaryH
Frequent Visitor

Try going into report settings, and enabling "Personalisation", then repeat the steps I noted.  I was able to replicate from scratch.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @GaryH 

I enable "Personalize visuals" in report settings. Then I get a result as shown below when I click personal bookmark . Other fields get dropped from the table.

Ailsamsft_0-1658295737290.png

I have submitted it to ICM , the ID is 321719149 . I'll be back with an update if there's any news .

Best Regards,

JKamHC
Frequent Visitor

Really glad that I stumbled on this. I just wanted to note for others, that this does in fact affect all visuals that are leveraging the field parameter not just matrix visuals (bar charts, third party visuals, any visual that is actively referencing the parameter).

In the above example labeled 'investigating', it does not appear that a parameter was selected on the matrix at the time of creating the personal bookmark. If a field parameter was selected, I would bet you would have had the same issue as the original post.

I've tested turning off personalized visuals and the behavior persists and you loose the ability to reset the visual. 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @GaryH 

Fix is in PR. It will deploy to most PROD clusters by 8/13 . 

The existing bookmarks will not be fixed. If you has a bookmark for a visual that contains field parameters, and PV is enabled but the visual was not actually personalized, you need to recapture the bookmark. 

Best Regards,

JKamHC
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft Is it possible for you to share which version will contain the fix? I have a client environment that does not appear to contain the fix yet. I would like to monitor their version to ensure the fix is supposed to be in place before testing again.

Thanks

cnhokanson
Regular Visitor

Hello - I have visuals created from 3 different field parameters, and when a user creates a personal bookmark, and goes back into the report to open up that bookmark,  the field paremeters double in each field section. (duplicate field params in x axis, y axis, and legend)  The drawback here is that the x axis switches from continuous to catigorical for some reason.

KrisD
Helper II

Hi!

I just created a bunch of bookmarks with different selections from a slicer with parameter values. 

The different bookmarks do not work yet with parameter values, at least not on my machine.