Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Field Parameter breaks sorting order in visuals

I use fields parametr to allow switching Date, Week, Month and Year as a X axis. Every time I use slicer, the X-axis is sorted by my measure, not dates. I can change it manually, but after clicking the slicer again and selecting eg Month, it sorts again by measure, not calendar, which makes using the chart really inconvinient for me and other users. 

Josz_0-1664886387237.png

Same issue was reported here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Sort-Visual-on-Field-Parameter/m-p/2520955#M894996

Could you please help?

Hi @Anonymous 

Please see this issue . Currently, the product group has filed a bug for it and they are working on the fix. Please be patient for the fix. Thanks for your understanding!

Field Parameter Resets Graph Ordering - Microsoft Power BI Community 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
smbonn
Regular Visitor

I just had this same issue but I found a work around by using the sort by column feature.  In my case, I added week end date, month end date, and quarter end date to my date dimention. Then I sorted the categorical week, month, and quarter by the respective end date column.  It seems to always sort my categorical values appropriately  now.  

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous 

Please see this issue . Currently, the product group has filed a bug for it and they are working on the fix. Please be patient for the fix. Thanks for your understanding!

Field Parameter Resets Graph Ordering - Microsoft Power BI Community 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

RHOU
Advocate II

@v-yetao1-msft Why do you set the status to Delivered when it has not been fixed yet? Shouldn't the status be accepted? 

Also, if this is a known issue, why is it not added here? 
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/troubleshoot/known-issues/power-bi-known-issues

It would solve us users a lot of time if the communication from Microsoft was more accurate. 

M1rzA_V
Frequent Visitor

Sort By: Year works also great.

ducbim
Regular Visitor

I switch the sort of week, month, quarter to year and it sorts in correct order. Can anyone explain why?