Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Field Parameter Slicer Works in Power BI Desktop but not Power BI Service

I have a field parameter slicer to control what fields are shown in a column chart (Y-axis). The X-axis is my time dimension (Year -> Month -> Date). On Power BI desktop, everything works as expected. When I select different fields in my field parameter slicer, only the Y-axis changed. However, when I publish the report to Power BI service, when I select different fields in my field parameter slicer, the time/date dimension is expanded all the way down. It is set by month by default but when I click one of the fields in my slicer, it will expand all down one level in the hierarchy. 

Hi @Anonymous 

PG is working on fixing this issue. Should be 3 - 4 weeks for the fix to be in production . Please wait patiently .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
chris_f
Frequent Visitor

I do have exactly the same problem and effects as described by @JoshAnness . As soon as I change my multi-selection field parameter slicer in PBI Service my column charts are expanded all down one level in hierarchy on the x-axis. In PBI Desktop everything is fine but published in PBI Service it does not work properly. This only happens since a few days. I haven't had this problem the weeks before.
In addition, I have this problem on my column charts. On tables with the same hierarchies as the column charts (Quarter->Month) everything works fine - in PBI Desktop and Service.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Anonymous 

It's a known issue , the ID is 336190051 . I'll be back with an update if there's any progress .

Best Regards,

JinoFung
Regular Visitor

met same issue when 

Y/Q/M in the fields parameter , next levev in date , will good in PBI desktop , but in PBI service , when change the slicer of parameter , all level hierarchy show , just happened since few days ago.

JinoFung_1-1663724000725.png

JinoFung_2-1663724081028.png

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous 

PG is working on fixing this issue. Should be 3 - 4 weeks for the fix to be in production . Please wait patiently .

Best Regards,

joedi

My problem is the opposite. Field parament will work on cloud and app, but wont work on Desktop.

FP wont work.png

Han_nah

I do have the same problem. Field Parameter is working in PowerBI Desktop but not in PowerBI Server. Is there a workaround?