Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Field Descriptions Disappearing (Power BI Desktop)

I've noticed that when I refresh my dataset, it clears out any descriptions that I have setup for my standard fields (non-measures). Can I get this issue corrected or can somebody help me figure out a way to retain those values regardless of the dataset being refreshed or not? I'm currently on this version of Power BI Desktop.

slm_chance_0-1645723105945.png

Hi,

Would you like to post a download link of the pbix file with this issue without the sensitive data if it’s possible and we can help you to check if it’s an existing issue in the Power BI?

It will be very helpful if you can post the download link of the video that can show the reproducing steps of this issue.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi,

Would you like to post a download link of the pbix file with this issue without the sensitive data if it’s possible and we can help you to check if it’s an existing issue in the Power BI?

It will be very helpful if you can post the download link of the video that can show the reproducing steps of this issue.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

slm_chance
Regular Visitor

I've been working with one of your support engineers and we determined that it's a non-issue in the previous version of Power BI Desktop. They said that there have been a number of issues the production group is working on with the next release. With that information, we are going to hold off on doing any additional troubleshooting until that version comes out. If the issue is not fixed by then, we'll reopen it again. Thanks!

Paulien_
Frequent Visitor

We are experiencing the same issue, but not after a refresh of the data..
Therefore, I was wondering if there is an update on this issue?

Mahko
Regular Visitor

I'm waiting on a bug fix for this too.

Cheers.

wjkolesar
Advocate II

Waiting on bug fix for this as well.  Has anyone tried the March 2022 release to see if the issue still exists in the newest version?

CSheaHPT

As of 5/4 I still don't see the description box showing up in the most recent (May) version downloaded today.