cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on "New Look"

Not sure if this is the right place to be putting this, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way of providing feedback about the "New Look" being rolled out on PowerBI. Maybe it's already in final version and they're not planning on making modifications, but I have some thoughts:

• I REALLY like that it clearly states at the top of the report the date and time the data was last updated -- I think that's hugely important and helps answer a lot of questions from users.
  • I find it very inconvenient that most of the report options are now hidden under the 'More Options' sub-menu, especially given that toolbar is mostly just empty space. I especially think the 'Favorite', 'Analyze in Excel', and 'Refresh' options need to be on the main menu rather then in the sub-menu. Also, the Full Screen option needs to be more prominent, especially given my next issue...
  • I dislike how the tabs/pages of the report have moved from the bottom to instead be an additional layer to the side navigation menu. I understand the thinking and it's more consistent with the rest of the navigation, but it takes up significant real estate, resulting in LOTS of white space and a significantly smaller report. While the tabs weren't always immediately obvious to all users, it does match the visuals of Excel so is not a difficult transition.
  • Maybe there's a way of changing this and I just haven't stumbled across it yet, but the report now loads with the filters tab automatically opened which is not something I want most users to be seeing. Not only does it use up valuable screen space, but I want users to be using the slicers built into the report instead and sometimes need to add things to the built-in filters that most users will probably get confused by if they see it or try to change them which could result in them misinterpreting the presented information.
Comments

Hi @bmcirillo

Thank you for your feedback. I would suggest you post your comments about new look feature in the Comments section of this blog: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-the-new-look-for-power-bi-service/

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu