Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Failing to set up subscription to Drill Down

I have a graph. Right click, Show data point as a table - takes you to the data that makes up that point in the visual. There is an option to set up a subscription to Drill to Details

RenePro_0-1663075784392.png

But when I try, I get the folowing error:

RenePro_1-1663075851766.png

I have already tried setting the language to English in settings, as suggested on other post but this does not work in my case. I can create subscriptions to page with now issues and I am the owner and can subscripe other. It only fails on Drill to Details

Hi @Analyst-Rene 

"Show as Table" is a temporary view mode, and not a permanent entity. Most interactions are disabled in this view, including most rick click options (so you don't "show as table" from within a "show as table" view etc). Subscription team should probably prevent subscribing to this View.  So this is unsupported.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Analyst-Rene 

I don't quite understand your issue . You right clicked the visual and chose Show data point as a table .  Then you created a subscription ? An error occurred during creation ? Can you explain your steps in detail ?

Best Regards,

Analyst-Rene
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft

Right click on a data point and chose Show data point as a table (in this case, I am doing so on a decomposition - I have tried others)

RenePro_0-1663148528073.png

Click on Subscribe - Add new subscription

RenePro_1-1663148632013.png

Fill in fields

RenePro_2-1663148892892.png

Select Save and close - error

RenePro_3-1663149137790.png

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Analyst-Rene

I can create the subscription with your steps . You can take a look at my screenshots to see if there are any problems with the operation steps .

Recording 2022-09-19 at 17.39.01.gif

Best Regards,

Analyst-Rene
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

Those aren't the steps. You missed a step, I selected 'Show data point as a table'. You selected 'Show as a table'. You are creating a Subscription to the Page, which works fine and isn't a problem. I am trying to create a Subscription to the Drill to Details

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Analyst-Rene 

I tested with "Show data point as a table" , the problem you said did arise .

I have submitted your issue to ICM , the ID is 336432055. If there is any progress, I will come back and update .

Best Regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Analyst-Rene 

"Show as Table" is a temporary view mode, and not a permanent entity. Most interactions are disabled in this view, including most rick click options (so you don't "show as table" from within a "show as table" view etc). Subscription team should probably prevent subscribing to this View.  So this is unsupported.

Best Regards,