Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Failed to publish app

Not able to update and published app.  It used to work perfectly but not sure why stopped suddenly. I am getting below error

Failed to publish app.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID: 6f8c2c46-7876-44e0-b93d-ccc4c111d2a3
Request ID: d1562e65-ebac-afc5-2891-ed72300ef06d
Correlation ID: 63df9bc5-3dd1-b98e-c58f-6bda1e13bb3c
Time: Wed Dec 07 2022 15:58:08 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Service version: 13.0.19491.58
Client version: 2211.2.11230-train
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-us-north-central-d-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Hi @PradeepDive 

Log out of your account in Desktop and log in, then try to publish again. If it doesn't work, delete the same report you uploaded before and republish it . Or rename your pbix file and upload it to Service .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @PradeepDive 

Log out of your account in Desktop and log in, then try to publish again. If it doesn't work, delete the same report you uploaded before and republish it . Or rename your pbix file and upload it to Service .

Best Regards,

PradeepDive
Helper II

@v-yetao1-msft

Still same error.  

I like to reiterate that the error is when I Update the App and not when publishing the report. 

Its failing to publish the App not the report on services  

Failed to publish app.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @PradeepDive 

Maybe you can unpublish the app , then recreate the app and add the report to the app . 

Best Regards,

PradeepDive
Helper II

@v-yetao1-msft 

That is not the optimized way, if I unpublished the App, I will loose all the previous links and audience.  I will have to add all the audiance manually again and then inform them to update their bookmarks.  

We don't have an efficient way (that I am aware of) to get the list of our audience and role as well  ☹️

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @PradeepDive 

It happened in all of your workspaces or just a designated workspace ? If you create a new workspace and then publish the report to the new workspace and then create an app with the report ,can you create the app successfully ?

Best Regards,

PradeepDive
Helper II

@Ailsa-msft 

I just have one workspace and not allowed to have another workspace due to company policy.

Even if I was able to create another workspace I am not sure hows that is helpful. I would have to add my audience manually and most importantly I would have new links anyways.