Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Failed to connect to the url https //api.powerbi.com while attempting to call cluster resolution

Hi,

I'm getting 'failed to connect to the url https //api.powerbi.com while attempting to call cluster resolution' error when i'm trying to open the .odc file in Excel 2013. 

Power Bi Analyse in Excel errorPower Bi Analyse in Excel error

Tried reinstallting etc... nothing worked.

Power BI desktop is working fine from the same machine with the same user account. 

Any idea what is wrong with Analyse in Excel?

Regards,

Awanish

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. Office 365 and Win7.

Maybe it is something related to the newest Analyze in Excel drivers update ?

All the development is unusable without fixing that 😕

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same Here,

We have 3-4 users with Windows 7 64bit and 32bit Excel that has this problem.

However, i have found 1 PC where the above configuration is working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Thanks. 

I had found that and it worked on one PC, didn't work on the other one.  I will try it on a couple of others with similar problems and report back on the success rate!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I have similar configuration: Win7 64bit & Office 365 32-bit.
To be completely honest with you, I had updated also PBI Desktop to June 2020 version, and re-published the dataset.
Not sure whether it has some impact.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unforutately the success rate is now 1 from 3.   So it appears i may have multiple problems.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Please make sure driver for analyze in excel is the latest version and also make sure you have upgrade power bi desktop and browser to the latest version.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jimmy,

I doubled, tripled installed the driver :).  Uninstall and re-install all with no luck.

These users are only using analze in excel and don't even use the PowerBI desktop.  Does the PowerBI desktop do some extra configuration on install?

Cheers

bdarbonneau
Frequent Visitor

One user here had this issue. Installing the fix was not enough. He re-downloaded the .odc file, opened it in Excel. At that point he could create a new pivot table and confirm the connection was ok. Then copied this worksheet to the original Excel report. This prompted him to overwrite the existing connection with the new one, which he accepted. Then refreshing the original Excel report worked. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick update,

I managed to get one working that was previously non-functional.

This Windows KB may be important for Windows 7 64Bit machines:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=kb3140245

The devil is in the detail of step 3 of MCzai's solution

I will test on the remaining problems machines tomorrow and advise if this works them aswell.