Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Facing issues with Power Bi Slicer suddenly from oct 22, 2020

Hi Team,

We are facing issue with Power Bi Slicer option.
From Oct 22,2020, we observed that Slicer is getting duplicate items in the list/dropdown.

We observed this issue on Power BI Web, but when we download and see the local copy, we couldn’t see the duplicates.
Even though it is showing duplicate entries, when we select one of the duplicate entries, it is re-directing control to it's corresponding first/original entry and showing the same data.

And our workspaces are there on msit.powerbi.com, and currently we are not getting any classic view from the upgraded view.

Kindly let us know if any for the details required.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi @v-chvadl 

I have tested on my side, it works well. try to republish the report or clear the browser cache and then try it again.

and currently we are not getting any classic view from the upgraded view.

At the end of October all tenants and users will be moved to the ‘new look’ and the user-facing toggle will be removed from the header. The ease of use, more space for content, modern look, and familiarity with other Microsoft products that comes with ‘new look’ will be available to all!

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/updates-to-the-new-look-experience-and-release-plan/

Regards,

Lin

v-chvadl
Employee

Hi Lin,
We are observing this issue with the slicer which is in different pages with Sync enabled and Sync slicer pane also showing the same. When I create a fresh page with these slicers I didn’t see any issue.
But when I delete and recreate the slicers and republish, still the issue persists.
Do we need to check any cache in Power Bi web?
Please share your inputs to rectify the issue.

Thanks,
Chaitanya