Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Facing issues while establishing relationship through DirectQuery

Hello everyone,

I am facing issue in Power BI Desktop, while establishing a relationship between two tables in May 2019 version through DirectQuery.

Once I select tables and establish relation and click on OK, Power BI hangs and does not respond for long. Then I have to kill the session and re do the same, it repeats again.

Surprisingly through (May 2019)Import mode it works, Also, I tried with Jan 2019 version using directquery and it was working, I am assuming May 2019 version has some issues with it. Can anyone help me what could be the possible issue, did anyone face this.

Version : May 2019 

Datasource: Oracle DV

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please update your Power BI desktop to this latest version 2.79.5768.1082 then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun Yu

Thank you somuch for your response, Is this really an issue with MS Power BI May 2019 version, I mean i need a strong backup to convince management to upgrade the version. I suspected the same but thought of taking few suggestions from you guys.

Best Regards,
mr_muttuneni