Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Facet Key - Custom Visual - Does not work on previously created reports

Hello there, we have some published reports using the Facet Key custom visual, however today those visuals are not working in any level (not the PBIX in desktop, neither the ones in our workspaces and not even the ones that we previously published to web).

Here are the things I have tried so far:

- Updating the visual from the marketplace

- Deleting the visuals and create them again

- Activating the "Modern visual header with updating styling options" in the desktop reports

- Saving that previous file with another name and even as a template

- Publishing the report to a workspace, and export it as a PBIX

So far the only way I have found this visual to work again is to create a file from scratch and draw everything again. However since we have lots of reports created and lots of work done in the query editor, data editor and in the report itself, we would like to avoid this solution if another one may be suggested.

I also matched the "Current file options" in the new file with the old ones and still didn't work.

Help would be appreciated.

Regards

Comments
ksthayer
Regular Visitor

It's sort of working. I still see nothing in the Desktop version of Power BI, but when I publish the report I can see it online. I wasn't seeing anything online of Friday, so at least this is a step in the right direction.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 84516801. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The issue has been resolved by deploying Facet Key 1.1.4 to MSIT and PROD environments. Deployment has done but it might take some time to propagate to all of CDN cluster around the world.

Please also ask customers to clear Power BI Desktop cache by removing everything at these folders: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop

C:\Users\%username%\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop SSRS

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

dougvdotcom
Regular Visitor

Confirming that after a Desktop client update and purging the folders Qiuyun Yu identified, the Facet Key has been restored to my visualizations.