Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

External sharing users are not able to load model?

Not sure if this is related to the data refresh issue, but starting yesterday I have two different external customers (both in California) that view different dashboards.  They are able to get to the dashboard frames, however get an error stating that "something went wrong.. unable to load the data model".

Anyone else experienceing this with external users?

Our data is on prem, we use the personal gateway, and the external customers are using the link provided in the original MSFT email I shared with them.

Thanks,

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this issue with external users who had used the pro trial first but were having errors and then had the same errors after applying the full pro licenses. Logged an issue with main Microsoft IT helpdesk (as I didn't want to wait for P BI response) and a particularly helpful guy contacted the client and could confirm they had the correct licensing applied and could see there was an issue. While looking at it the user decided to click on one of the visuals that was previously showing an error and it then allowed her into the report and from then on it has worked fine! Not sure the exact steps she took but it's working. Helpdesk couldn't explain it so closed the call.

Wonder if there is a problem when external users go from Pro trial to full license with reports that have already been shared with them? Worth getting them to try clicking on a visual and see what happens!

H

RegalPeter
Frequent Visitor

Excellent news

External sharing to out of tenant PRO users is now working again