Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

External sharing problem

I find a lot of information about sharing reports and dashboards with users outside my organization but I think there were changes recently because things that used to work are not working anymore.

This is why I am looking for clear up-to-date guidance on how to share reports with people outside of my organization who also have Power BI Pro accounts. (we do not have  Power BI Premium Capacity). 

Please help. Because testing results in different scenarios for different users and for our business it is critical to be able to share the reports with a small number of outside clients.

Thanks in advance!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

What's the detail issue occurs when you share reports/dashboards with external users? Is there any error message prompts out? 

You can go through this article to check if there is any wrong with taken steps: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-azure-ad-b2b

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I am still experiencing the same issues.

Now I shared an app with an external user (outside of my organisation, with Power BI Pro account)

This is the error they are getting:

Something went wrong. 

Date and Time: 2019-02-01 10:57:10Z
ActivityId: b75e5ee6-f703-41ad-8db1-ab12c18490e6

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I would suggest you test it again. If the issue persists, please create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu