Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

External Users unable to access reports that are shared with them

I have a Power BI report which is shared with external users. They have previously been able to see the report. All people are correctly listed on the "Share Report", "Access" list but some seem to be able to see this and some can't 

Comments
andreawilkinson

I have Power BI licensed users with gmail accounts added as guests in MS Office 365 admin and are guests in the Azure AD dashboard. I can see the Power BI license assigned to the user. When the user opens the shared link report sent from the Power BI tenant, it appears to be empty, there are no applications to be seen. How do I fix this?

andreawilkinson_0-1635099145267.png

markefrody
Post Patron

Hi,

Encountered the same issue. Have encountered this error instead:
login.live.com

Appreciate your assistance. Thanks.

ellac
Helper III

Hi @andreawilkinson!

I've encountered the exact issue as you - have you managed to solve this yet? Thanks in advance!

/Ella

big_bogart23
Regular Visitor

We are currently experiencing this same issue:

We are a Premium Capacity P1 service and up until the last few weeks our guest users were able to access content no problem.

Now when they select any seach item it opens in a new window and is missing the CTID so asking them to log into their own account.

Its seems like a bookmark link issue in the background actions of PBI service that has stopped using the shared CTID. 

Users can navigate to the report but any seach or link don't work without CTID. 

Glad we are not the only one.