Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

External Sharing - User is prompted with AAD B2B 0001 error

Hi,

I have a situation where I need to share my model with External users, however those users keep prompted with this error message once they get the Microsoft Invite stated: AAD B2B_0001

So I share my app that includes one report and in the access tab I submit my external user’s name (2 users). They are established as guests users in my Azure active directory and they do get the invite for the app but the process stop right there.

When they click on the link, they are automatically being prompted with this error message:

Invitation redemption failed

AADB2B_0001 : We cannot create a self-service Azure AD account for you because the directory is federated. Tenant's admin must create an account for you.

What can cause this and is there anything I can or should do on my side to avoid this so they can access my PowerBI reports.

Their organization has no office365 what so ever and they manage their users locally on an on-premise active directory.

Thanks!

NH

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @NirH_at_BITeam ,

From the error prompt, you attempted to add an external user to your Azure AD whose domain is federated. If user domain is federated, Azure don’t have to permission to create the user. Please contact user's administrator to sync user's identity to Azure.

From this article

If you are using federation authentication and the user does not already exist in Azure Active Directory, the user cannot be invited.

To resolve this issue, the external user’s admin must synchronize the user’s account to Azure Active Directory.