Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Extended Pro Trial - Login Bug - Unable to Share Dashboard

I'm a long-term user of Power BI and would expect to be eligible for the Extended Pro Trial (I've received the notification e-mail about the extended trial). Today, when I try to share a Power BI dashboard I receive a message telling me that I must be a pro user to do that, the message invites me to 'Upgrade Now'. When I click 'Upgrade Now' I'm shown a page of options, and select the middle one to 'Share and Collaborate' which it says I can try for free - I'm guessing this is the extended pro trial. Selecting this option leads me to another message that this says I don't need to sign up for pro because I already have a licence. I'm then trapped in a cycle whereby I can't share my dashboard because I apparently don't have a pro licence but then when I try to upgrade it won't let me because it says I've got a pro licence already. Looking at my stoarage settings I've got 10 GB assigned which suggests pro but at the same time I'm described as a 'Basic User'. I'm completely confused and haven't been able to find anywhere I can contact Microsoft for help. Can anyone help me? Thanks 🙂

Comments
GIO200011
Frequent Visitor

I have exactly the same issue. In my account it shows the free trial extended, but in my collages' account it appears just the 60-days trial, but without clicking anywhere they had tha 10 GB storage. Everyone is elligible since we create the account the same day.

I hope this is a bug, and MS fix ASAP.

Regards.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@SLB

Have you received following active trial notification after you sign in to your Power BI Service account?

If not, please try to set Power BI language as browser default, sign out and close browser, then sign in to see if you can get the active trial notification.

Extended Pro Trial - Login Bug - Unable to Share Dashboard_1.jpg

Extended Pro Trial - Login Bug - Unable to Share Dashboard_2.jpg

BTW, users that have licenses assigned from the Power BI Pro or Power BI Pro Trial subscriptions, within Office 365, are excluded from this offer - There is 25 PBI Pro Trial that comes with Office 365 Trial.

Extended Pro Trial - Login Bug - Unable to Share Dashboard_3.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@GIO200011

Free users will benefit from access to all data sources, higher workspace storage limits (10 GB storage), and higher refresh and streaming rates. These changes will be effective June 1.

Please refer to this announcement: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/FAQ-Changes-to-the-free-Power-BI/May-3-announcement-overview/td-p/1...

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

SLB

Thanks for the comments, I'm relieved that I'm not the only person experiencing problems.

I haven't received the 'sign-up for free trial' notification (and I've checked that my language is set to default). I'm sure that I should be eligible for the free trial but the notification isn't appearing. If for some reason I wasn't eligible I would be willing to begrudgingly pay the subscription ... but I'm not even able to do that because Power BI thinks I've already got a pro-licence it won't let me upgrade.

I'm sure this must be a bug, thanks for helping.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@SLB

Could you please provide you Power BI account to me? Maybe I can send it to related team to have a check on it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

SLB

Hello Herbert,

Thank you for your reply ... it may be that I don't understand how the community works but it doesn't seem very secure to provide you with my account details (as I don't know who you are - apart from clearly being very helpful).

Perhaps you can clarify. Thanks.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@SLB

You can send mail to v-haibl@microsoft.com. I'm a support engineer for Power BI.

Best Regards,
Herbert

SLB

Thanks Herbert, I'll send you an e-mail.

I appreciate your help.

CLA_SE

Hello, 

I encounter exactly the same issue as SLB.

Did you find a solution ?

Thanks for your help