Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Expression.Error: Access to the resource is forbidden.

Dear Team,

since two days I'm struggling with an error "Expression.Error: Access to the resource is forbidden." while trying to refresh my dashboard in Power BI Desktop tool.

I was sucesfully using Power BI connected to the Sharepint folder (for 3 weeks) and yesterday I've opend Power BI desktop and after refreshing my Dashboard I've received this error.

I was trying to fix it by changing the microsoft password (it was suppose to expire in 11 days). I also logged in with organizational account and tried windows account as well. I've cleared my permissions and log in again. I cleared my browising history. I even downloaded the newest version of Power BI Desktop. Nothing helped. The error occures while trying to refresh the dashboard.

I'm the owner of this SharePoint folder and I use the same credentials for Power BI and Sharepoint. 

I would appreciate any support in this matter!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @michalinasta

Please go to Data Source Settings and edit the permission for the SharePoint Folder data source. If you are connecting to SharePoint online instance, the window should looks like below. Please sign in with a valid account and password then refresh it again. 

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

michalinasta
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

thank you for your answer!

I was editing permissions as you suggested but it didn't help.

What helped was editing global permissions although the dashboard was using data sources in current file only. 

regards,

Michalina