Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Exporting to PDF does not wait till visuals are loaded

Hello, 

When Exporting to PDF from Power BI Desktop, I noticed that it seems as if the program is taking a screen shot of each page which it uses as the output image for PDF. 

One problem which i noticed is that the porgram does not let all the visuals on the page load first before taking the screenshot causing the image to be missing data. 

Please let me know your thoughts

Kind Regards

Piri

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

What do you mean about "One problem which i noticed is that the porgram does not let all the visuals on the page load first before taking the screenshot causing the image to be missing data. "? 

Before you click Export to PDF button, do these images display fine in the report pages? Also please ensure you are running the latest Power BI desktop version 2.62.5222.761.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Qiuyun, 

Many thanks for taking time to reply to my question. 

I can confirm i am using Power BI desktop version 2.62.5222.761.

So when I click on Export to PDF, the program goes through each page taking a screen shot. However when the program openes each page, all the visuals takes a bit of time to load completely every time you re-visit the page. The problem is the program takes the picture of the page mid way through the loading of the visual. This causes the end output image in the PDF missing information which did not get time to load completely. 

I think the screenshot of the page should be taken once all the visuals has loaded completely and displaying the full data. 

I hope this explaines a bit more the issue I am facing.

Any further details do let me know

Kind Regards

Pirasath

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems the report contains many report pages and visuals. If you are importing data to Power BI desktop, please share pbix file for us to test it. If not, please record a video to show the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Piri / Qiuyun,

I am facing same problem so please see here Issue

Best regards,

WAK

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Would you please share pbix file with us? You can upload it to your OneDrive or Dropbox and send the share link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

boczsandor

power bi how to export arcGis map to pdf

MClipsham92
Frequent Visitor

Has anyone resolved this? I'm having an issue where using an image URL in a table visual does not load in time resulting in missing images on the PDF.

AnjaTima1
Regular Visitor
Same problem here!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have the same issue here. Using certified custom visuals ... the completeness of the report sheets is random and it looks like that the export function has a fixed time for exporting the report sheet. If it takes longer to build the sheet the report is incomplete.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also having this problem.  In my case, the ESRI basemap tiles do not load in time for the export to PDF process, so usually 0 or 1 basemap tile shows on the page.

Only 1 tile loaded in the time PowerBI's export-to-pdf process allotted.  The export process needs to allow for longer draw times when maps are present on a report page.Only 1 tile loaded in the time PowerBI's export-to-pdf process allotted. The export process needs to allow for longer draw times when maps are present on a report page.