Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Exporting to PDF does not wait till visuals are loaded

Hello, 

When Exporting to PDF from Power BI Desktop, I noticed that it seems as if the program is taking a screen shot of each page which it uses as the output image for PDF. 

One problem which i noticed is that the porgram does not let all the visuals on the page load first before taking the screenshot causing the image to be missing data. 

Please let me know your thoughts

Kind Regards

Piri

Comments
JoseLuisEstevez
Regular Visitor

Same problem .... 😞

Regards

GStruthers

Same issue here... incomplete data as the visuals take longer to load than is allowed by the export to pdf function.  Hopefully as a temporary fix I am replacing a lot of the visual with a much smaller number of tables (this will require more queries in the background), also won't look as good as the original, as tables can be set to a fixed row height...

Anonymous
Not applicable

My workaround is to export to PDF multiple times, changing the 1st page each time (because the 1st page normally draws completely).

jfulop

We have the exact same issue, but we schedule these reports to go out automatically so it randomly inserts blank spots in the page.  

It looks like this has been a problem for over a year, where is the fix?

bbaity

Hello all,

I am having an issue with my map not populating when exporting the PBI desktop report to a PDF.

Any help here? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This problem is happening to me too, and I have not been able to find any solution. Can somebody at Power BI please respond??

When we go to export our data to a PDF the map does not load properly, or at all. In addition to this, the some times the map visuals will not even load in the program itself when switching through tabs, untill clicked on or otherwise refreshed. I've included a video of what I am reffering to, please respond.

Thank you.

Video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qUgHea1vv_AysArPRCWByGtoq_ssTAsj/view?usp=sharing

Krijztian
Frequent Visitor

I still have this problem - not able to find a viable solution. Anyone have an update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all, I am having the same problem and like some other comments can not believe the ammout of time this issue has been draging on for. I have multiple pages of Arcgis heat maps, when exporting the report to pdf the maps either come through in part (image but no legend) or are completly blank. Please can a fix be issued.

slyfox
Helper II

The problem still in place 

mike_honey
Memorable Member

Same problem here. A fix doesnt seem complicated - add a report-level option to let us slow down the transition between pages, e.g. number of seconds delay before rendering page to PDF.