Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Exporting Reports from the Power bi server does not correctly export themes and images

When trying to download a report from the Power Bi Server the theme and images in the file do not download correctly. (theme goes to default green in some spots and images dont download)

Have done significant amount of testing.. this is a bug

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dmac412

Do you use built-in theme or custom theme? 

Based on my test, created a report in Power BI desktop version 2.68.5432.841 64-bit (April 2019), used the built-in theme Sunset and added a image, after publishing the report to Power BI service then downloaded the report again. Open the report in Power BI desktop, the theme and image kept displaying. 

You can test with our sample report to see if the issue related to the report. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

dmac412
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft  I am using a custom theme. I wasnt able to replicate this issue with your report. It must be a bug within my file. Thanks for the sample file.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dmac412

If you have backup file of the report, please open it in the Power BI desktop latest version 2.68.5432.841 then republish the report to Power BI service. 

If the issue still occurs, is it possible for your to share the .pbix file and .json file with us? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu