Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Exporting Data from Matrix with Live Connection Errors

I tried exporting data from a matrix visual (with filters) that is connected to a live connection but the information exported was not the same as the matrix information and was inaccurate. I was only exporting 5 rows of data so it should not be a number of rows limitation.

Anyone knows why?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Does the issue happen in Power BI desktop or service? Does the report connect live to SSAS? 

Would you please share more information about "information exported was not the same as the matrix information and was inaccurate"? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue happens in Power BI desktop. The report is connected live to SSAS.

I created a matrix so you are able to drill down the rows/ columns based on the existing hierarchy from the live connection in SSAS. Upon drilling down, I should be able to export via excel the data I see in the matrix but instead of 5 rows of unique rows of data, I get 3 rows of unique rows of data and 2 rows of duplicated non-unique rows of data.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please update Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.69.5467.1751. If the issue still occurs, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered