Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ExportDataFailed Error from Embed API

I have seen others post this issue with no response so here is hoping that this will increase the noise on this issue. It is extremely critical and urgent for us.

We have been using the visual.exportData method for a couple of years to export summary or underlying data from Power BI visuals. All of a sudden this is no longer working with a very ambiguous error message:

error = {message'ExportDataFailed'detailedMessage'Export visual data has failed'errorCodeundefinedlevel3technicalDetails:{
errorInfo: undefined
requestId: undefined
}}

The issue seems to only be affecting table and matrix visuals.

We are using the latest v2.18.7 javascript client version

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

Issue description: Unable to export Summarized data for the Matrix visual with an error

ICM: 275173415

I will update here once I get any information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
data_dave

We are facing the same issue exporting data from a Azure Analysis Services tabular model. This was working fine and now sporadically works. In an attempt to fix the issue, we upgraded to the latest available powerbi javascript library (v2.19.1) and the issue still persists. We implemented the retry logic suggested earlier in this thread and that does not reliably work. See attached.

embed_export_error.png

Sastry_Chirravu
Frequent Visitor

@data_dave We still face visual data export issues in Power BI embedded platform with JavaScript API. We have updated the scripts with v 2.19.1. Does anyone have this issue in an external application with JavaScript API? It is surprising that Power BI does not support the external applications working based on Power BI JavaScript API. Please let us know if you get any solution for this issue.

ThoScha

@Sastry_Chirravu 

I still face the same issue even though I am at v 2.19.1. I embedded a report in a react-project using TypeScript 4 (same problem with TS3). In the report I integrated:

• 1 line chart
  • 1 clustered column chart
  • 1 clustered bar chart
  • 2 slicers.

For me the error occurs when I select either the line chart or the clustered column chart and call exportData() on the clustered bar chart. When I call the function multiple times in a row like in that previous comment the call fails all the time so this solution doesn’t work for me.

Interestingly, when the other visuals (speaking the slicers or the clustered bar chart itself) are selected or also when nothing is selected the exportData() call on the clustered bar chart works perfectly. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance 🙂