Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Export with Live connection breaks

About 50% of the time when I choose Export Data from the visual ellipse and chose export excel with live connection, it gives the error

bsheffer_0-1675865799440.png

this is consistant for the visual.  Either it does this or not and if it works it always works.  Likewise if it fails it always fails.

This happens even with the simple visuals like a total amount over time line chart with year as the legend.  It also happens if I use Show as table and then do the export.

Is there a fix?

Is there some way to disable this option so my users don't choose a broken option?

Hi @bsheffer 

Turn off Users can work with Power BI datasets in Excel using a live connection in Tenant settings . The corresponding option is then grayed out and unavailable .

Announcing Connected Excel Tables from Power BI (Public Preview) | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microso... 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @bsheffer 

Turn off Users can work with Power BI datasets in Excel using a live connection in Tenant settings . The corresponding option is then grayed out and unavailable .

Announcing Connected Excel Tables from Power BI (Public Preview) | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microso... 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

bsheffer
Continued Contributor

We are using analyze in excel.  Will turning this off break that?