I checked all the settings of my report, but not able to find where I am missing.
When I export the data "Underlying" excel, the only total row is being exported.
Could anyone please let me know if I need to change anything on my report settings.
I found the issue, but I would like to if this is a bug or limitation of MSFT.
I am using a _measures table (Disconnected).
As Per Limitation, if data is coming from more than 1 table where there is no relation between two tables, then only data from the first table will be downloaded. In my case, it is "_Measures".
Is it possible for you to share a sample pbix file with us? Please remove sensitive data and upload it to your OneDrive and paste the share link here.
Best Regards,Qiuyun Yu
Here is the file
@v-qiuyu-msft Any update on this issue ?
I have reported this issue internally: CRI 126282225. Will update here once I get any information.
I got the information below:
"Per the documentation: "If the visual uses data from more than one data table, and no relationship exists for those tables in the data model, only data for the first table is exported."
It seems like the customer realized that and responded in the linked thread. Please inform the customer that this is a limitation and not a bug. To export the full data, they need to create a relationship between all the tables used in the visual."
Based on my testing, I do not believe the following limitation is adequately explained.
Per the documentation: "If the visual uses data from more than one data table, and no relationship exists for those tables in the data model, only data for the first table is exported.
I was also working with a dedicated Measures table, so in order to satisfy the requirement above I created a dummy value of 1 in my Measures table, and joined it to my Fact table which also had a dummy value of 1 for every row. My chart was using a Measure from the Measures table, which is now joined to the Data Model via a 1 to * relationship with the only Fact table.
When exporting all underlying data, I still only got a single record with the Total value for the measure. The only way I can get this to work is to move the Measure from the dedicated Measures table to the Fact table.