cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export underlying data returning only totals row.

Hi, 

I checked all the settings of my report, but not able to find where I am missing. 

2019-06-03 21_28_50-Options.png

When I export the data "Underlying" excel, the only total row is being exported. 

Could anyone please let me know if I need to change anything on my report settings. 

Comments

I found the issue, but I would like to if this is a bug or limitation of MSFT. 

I am using a _measures table (Disconnected). 

As Per Limitation, if data is coming from more than 1 table where there is no relation between two tables, then only data from the first table will be downloaded. In my case, it is "_Measures". 

limitations.png

Hi @yash1105

Is it possible for you to share a sample pbix file with us? Please remove sensitive data and upload it to your OneDrive and paste the share link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

@v-qiuyu-msft  Any update on this issue ?

Hi @yash1105

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 126282225. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @yash1105

I got the information below: 

"Per the documentation: "If the visual uses data from more than one data table, and no relationship exists for those tables in the data model, only data for the first table is exported."

- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data

It seems like the customer realized that and responded in the linked thread. Please inform the customer that this is a limitation and not a bug. To export the full data, they need to create a relationship between all the tables used in the visual.

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

Frequent Visitor

Based on my testing, I do not believe the following limitation is adequately explained.

Per the documentation: "If the visual uses data from more than one data table, and no relationship exists for those tables in the data model, only data for the first table is exported.

- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data

I was also working with a dedicated Measures table, so in order to satisfy the requirement above I created a dummy value of 1 in my Measures table, and joined it to my Fact table which also had a dummy value of 1 for every row.  My chart was using a Measure from the Measures table, which is now joined to the Data Model via a 1 to * relationship with the only Fact table.

When exporting all underlying data, I still only got a single record with the Total value for the measure.  The only way I can get this to work is to move the Measure from the dedicated Measures table to the Fact table.