Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Export to Powerpoint

We like to use the Export to Powerpoint feature but I think we've found a bug. If I publish a report from PBI desktop to the PBI.com service and then export the report to Powerpoint it works fine. If in the PBI.com service I take a copy of that report to modify it (by using Save As and giving it a different filename) the export to Powerpoint produces blank slides for each page in the report. The report has no embedded images and only has 5 or 6 pages in the report. Please help - being able to export consistently to Powerpoint is a big part of our use of PBI. If it doesnt work we may have to stop using it. Of course we can take screen grabs of each page and paste them into Powerpoint but I wouldnt expect my users to have to resort to that approach. Thanks.

Comments
jmonnette
Regular Visitor

We are having a similar issue.  In our case, any report that we create in Power BI service produces blank PowerPoint slides.  Reports produced in Power BI Desktop and published to Power BI service produce correct slides.

nikkool
Frequent Visitor

I have the exact same issue. Downloading the PBI service created report as its own pbix and then re-uploading it works as a workaround (as it duplicates the data set), but please look into the underlying issue.

ellipsises
Regular Visitor

Same issue here, tried changing a few things, but can't get anything to work.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@jlilleystone @nikkool @ellipsises

The Power BI team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. Please keep an eye on the support site.

Export to Powerpoint_1.jpg 

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

RobertoDePiano

I have the same issue but only with the last update report

douglasbratten
Frequent Visitor

Having the same issue. Copied a pbx, and created new pages. All data appears correctly on page, but export to powerpoint is blank.

Two issue seems to have been reported covering a similar issue, one of which claims to have resolved.

To confirm, I am having a similar issue, and it is not resolved. 

EmmaLewis
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue - when is a fix expected as I have an urgent meeting to prepare for?

Is there a workarond?

Thanks

Dhilip
Regular Visitor

Facing the same issue. I had recently installed the new update from Power BI....

johnk78
Regular Visitor

Facing the same issue with blank pages, no custom visuals but 1 image and custom colours