Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Export to PowerPoint has a bug

The export to ppt from PBI is producing magnified view of the slides (150%).  It doesn't do this if you export to pdf, but today it started magnifying the slides in PowerPoint.

Can someone please address?  We use this functionality frequently.

I can't find where to issue this bug, I keep going in circles throught the links available.

Thank you,

Julie G.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@jgray72 

This seems to be related to window size. You may also create support ticket for assistance if necessary.

jgray72
Helper II

Hi - I issued a support ticket this morning.  It's impacting multiple reports.

Thank you

JG

matthamilton
Frequent Visitor

I ran into this today.  Has this been addressed?  

@v-chuncz-msft 

jgray72
Helper II

Hi - @matthamilton here is the solution to the problem:

You have to go into Desktop and select each tab in the report and change it to “Fit to Page.”  It’s under View/Page View.

You will then have to republish the report.

JG

matthamilton
Frequent Visitor
@jgray72 I'll give this a shot but I'm concerned. The visual I'm using is specifically sized to the available free space on a slide template we're using. If I select "Fit to Page" I'm concerned this will instruct PowerBI to output the data to the size of the slide, instead of using the "Actual Size" setting that I've used. I'll give your suggestion a shot, but this still seems like an issue that needs resolved. Selecting "Actual Size" should output the actual size of the page, should it not?
jgray72
Helper II

@matthamilton - the solution above is the one that Microsoft gave me after a couple weeks of back and forth.  It's the only way to fix the issue from my end & we had to update about 15 reports.  I'm not sure what changed with the exporting function & it didn't sound like there was going to be a pernament fix.

JG