Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Export to PPT- Images of maps/ visuals with complex expressions are not created correctly

Hi,

I understand that creation of PPT takes time and we need to wait for 15- 30 min after data refresh before initiating the export.

I refreshed the data 2 weeks back and initiated export a day or two back. However, the export did not correctly create shape map visual (map was missing only markers were present). Sometimes other visuals also fail.

I tried exporting the ppt again. This time some other visuals which took a tad longer to load did not work correctly.

When used with Direct Query, this behavior is much worse. Many visuals appear as blank.

Please make sure that export works fine. This is one of the very imortant feature for some clients.

Thanks,

Mannu

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue with DirectQuery mode, both shape map and normal map visuals display fine in exported PowerPoint files. See: 

q5.PNGq6.PNG

In your scenario, would you please clarify which other visuals do have the issue regarding "This time some other visuals which took a tad longer to load did not work correctly."? 

Please check if the issue happens to all reports or specific reports. If for some reports, as you mentioned the issue happens in Import mode as well, please share pbix file with us if possible. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I m not sure. The problem occurs very frequently to me (even in import mode).

Please check the below snapshot.

I m using sync slicers as well as book marking feature. Not sure if this is a cause of problem.

Also I noticed that the fonts do not appear the way it is on Power  BI Service.

I will share the PBIX if I get the approval from the clients.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Thanks,

Mannu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

From this article, you can see: 

• In-session interactivity such as highlighting and filtering, drill-down, and so on, are not yet supported when exporting to PowerPoint. The exported PowerPoint shows the original visuals as they were saved in the report.

In your scenario, is the report saved as the second image shows? The map visual in Power BI service is blank, please click on the Refresh button in the report page. When the map visual displays data and map layer then report to PowerPoint again to see if the map visual has issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu