Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Export to PDF issue

Hi everyone,

When I'm trying to export my report into pdf file from Power BI web service or Desktop the report images are not rendered properly in each tab and visuals are repositioned. But while I'm exporting to powerpoint its working fine. Please, let me know how should I overcome this issue.

These are a few images.

Original Report viewOriginal Report viewAfter exporting to PdfAfter exporting to Pdf

Comments
MixonBI

Same issue and it's causing us a lot of problems. It's happening with PDFs and PowerPoint. It also seems to be random each time it's downloaded. Some pages are fine and then those same pages will not be after the next download. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please check if the missing images hit the limitation listed in this document

• Background images will be cropped with the chart's bounding area. It's highly recommended that you remove background images before exporting to PDF.

• When exporting to PDF with reports that contain a background image, you may see a distorted image in the export if you are using the "Normal" or "Fill" options for the Page Background. For best results, it is recommended you use the "Fit" option to avoid issues with your exported document.

If not, please share the pbix file if possible. You can remove sensitive data in the report and upload the pbix file to your Onedrive, paste the link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

sumesh22
Helper I

Hi  @v-qiuyu-msft 

Thanks, for resolving the problem. It worked for me.

Joel_Clark
Advocate I

Hi, i have this issue too, reporting off an Azure Analysis Services Model. The report is using a background image and moving the PBI visuals to the top of the page and shifting the image below when in the report they are overlayed. It exports to PowerPoint OK but has the problem with exporting to PDF only.20190902 PDF export error.PNG

I do need the background image since that's what makes the page function (clear bookmark hyperlinks are overlaid to take the user to specific parts of the report). Any plans to fix this 'feature' that don't involve avoiding use of background images? Thanks

sumesh22
Helper I

Hi @Joel_Clark,

In the page background set Image to 'Fit' instead of 'Fill'.

Thanks

Sumesh

Joel_Clark
Advocate I

@sumesh22  you are an absolute legend!

Works perfectly. Such a simple tweak (wish i'd thought of it).

Brilliant, thank you!

sumesh22
Helper I

Hi @Joel_Clark,

Please, accept it as a solution so that it can be helpful to others.

Happy to help Smiley Happy

Thanks

Sumesh

Lucchesi0911
Regular Visitor

I'm still having an issue with the alignment when exporting from the service.

All report backgrounds are set to fit. When exporting from the Pbix file, all is perfect.

Anyone got any other suggestions? 

thanks.

sumesh22
Helper I

Hi @Lucchesi0911 

Please attach a screenshot for the same.

thanks,

Sumesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also experiencing what @Lucchesi0911 is experiencing. All background images are set to Fit, the page size is set to 16:9 , and still, objects are shifted to the left when extracting to PDF from the Power BI service. It works fine when extracting from Power BI desktop

image.png