Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Export to PDF from Desktop Doesn't Work

Hi, 

I tried to export to PDF from my desktop, and nothing happens. I rebooted. Same issue. I had to publish and print from the service in order for this to work. 

Version: 2.99.621.0 64-bit (November 2021)

There is a newly released November 2021 Power BI Desktop(Version: 2.99.782.0). Issue should be fixed in it.

vcazhengmsft_0-1637913703202.png

Comments
manonjattiot

Hello, 

I have the same problem... No response after clicking export to pdf. 

Would be great to have a solution... 

laura_ESNH
Frequent Visitor

GREAT SOLUTION offered by @sarora07 ! Publishing to the portal is a much easier workaround that the re-installation. It takes a bit longer to generate the PDF, but it works. 

dgianni
Frequent Visitor

@laura_ESNH Definitely not a solution when you work with dozens & dozens of PDF export.

Moreover, the PB Online export to PDF not allow you to choose the zoom you want on maph graph. 

cheiden
Employee

Hello, thank you all so much for your patience while we work on getting the fix out.  We apologize for the issue but in the meantime, another workaround is to install WebView2 runtime from here: Webview2 - Microsoft Edge Developer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same. I have a three-page report and cannot export to pdf - nothing happens after I click Export as PDF. Please let me know if there is any update. Thanks!

timohill
Frequent Visitor

I have a group of people at my work with this issue currently.

Note we've had webview installed from a previous authentication issue and it does not fix this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cheiden I think this is solved now. I been using Nov version. I must've got the latest patch automatically. Works from Desktop. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

In my main computer the issue is gone (export to PDF is working) but I have a 2nd machine still with the problem.

After @Anonymous comment, I removed and reinstall November 2021 version from Microsoft Store, and export to PDF is not working

lbandres

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem as others. I am not able to export my PBI report to PDF and that since the last update.

I've tried uninstalling and installing again the PBI desktop, but it doesn't work.

What can I do? Somebody can help me?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All, GOOD NEWS

The issue has been fixed (thanks to Microsoft Business Intelligence support)

You need to remove and reinstall the November 2021 version.

I did it from Microsoft Store and now is working fine, exporting to PDF as usual.