Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Export to PDF from Desktop Doesn't Work

Hi, 

I tried to export to PDF from my desktop, and nothing happens. I rebooted. Same issue. I had to publish and print from the service in order for this to work. 

Version: 2.99.621.0 64-bit (November 2021)

There is a newly released November 2021 Power BI Desktop(Version: 2.99.782.0). Issue should be fixed in it.

vcazhengmsft_0-1637913703202.png

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same to me, Im getting crazy.

Version: 2.99.621.0 64-bit (noviembre de 2021)

As he says: I click File>Export>Export to PDF, and nothing happens

Please help

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous @Anonymous 

I've tested Export to PDF in newly released Power BI Desktop, but I couldn't repro it. This feature works well at my side. My test version is 2.99.621.0 64-bit (November 2021).

For Export to PDF, there are some considerations and limitations as follows. Please check whether this issue is caused by these items.

• Power BI reports with more than 50 report pages currently can't be exported
  • Reports larger than 500MB currently can't be exported
  • The process of exporting the report to PDF might take a few minutes to complete, please try again and wait for a while to see whether you wil get the exported pdf

In addition, please go to the following path to check whether your exported pdf will be displayed there after you do such operation:  C:/Users/{username}/AppData/Local/Temp/Power BI Desktop/print-job-xxx/xxx.pdf

If all above points are not applicable to you, please try to uninstall your Desktop and reinstall it after deleting the content in this path: C:/Users/yourusername/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

chryslerma21

I also cannot export to PDF using PowerBI Desktop version version 2.99.621.0 64-bit (November 2021).  

Maurizio3434

Same problem, I cannot export to pdf using version 2.99.621.0 64-bit (November 2021).

The report is smaller than 50 pages/500MB.

I reinstalled after deleting the contents in the Users folder, but it still can't export.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-cazheng-msft 

I did what you suggested but nothing happends:

- My file is only 2 pages (very small in size ~2 Kb)

- I reinstalled the app yesterday (before your respond) so today there are no such folder in my PC:

C:/Users/{username}/AppData/Local/Temp/Power BI Desktop/print-job-xxx/xxx.pdf

- I deleted the content on this path: C:/Users/yourusername/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Power BI Desktop

- I reinstalled the app one more time

- Same behavior: I click File>Export>Export to PDF, and nothing happens, the pop-up didn't shows and I can continue editing the report

Version: 2.99.621.0 64-bit (noviembre de 2021)

jmcl70_0-1637151807362.png

What else can I do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-cazheng-msft 

I do not see the folder path print job: C:/Users/{username}/AppData/Local/Temp/Power BI Desktop/print-job-xxx/xxx.pdf. Should there be? 

aaronqin
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here. No response after clicking export to pdf. 

SQLguy
Advocate I

I'm experiencing this issue, too, and so is another of my coworkers. We're on a Teams call right now trying to figure out what's wrong. Both of us have the November 2021 release. We found that one of our other coworkers still has the October 2021 version, and it works fine for her. 

Anthony_C

I also have this same issue when Power BI updated overnight. Opening reports in an older version prior to 2.99.621.0 64-bit (November 2021) seems to work fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In the meantime, can I downgrade to a previous version (October 2021) and avoid the November automatic upgrade?