Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Export to PDF Does NOT Work in Power BI Desktop version 2.99.621.0

Hi Just realize that bugs should be posted here...

To Microsoft / Power BI Support Team,

There numerous complaints in the user community that "Export to PDF" feature does not work in the latest version of Power BI Desktop. Today I can confirm that I have run into the same issue...

I have Microsoft Power BI Desktop version 2.99.621.0 64-bit (November 2021)

I have tested with a simple one-page report. 

I tried File > Export > Export to PDF , nothing happened.

Please look into this and resolve it.

Could not reproduce it as far as my test with the same version of Power BI Desktop, export to PDF works fine in my side.

You can try to pulish your report to service and export from there.

In addition, please go to the following path to check whether your exported pdf will be displayed there after you do such operation:  C:/Users/{username}/AppData/Local/Temp/Power BI Desktop/print-job-xxx/xxx.pdf

If all above points are not applicable to you, please try to uninstall your Desktop and reinstall it after deleting the content in this path: C:/Users/yourusername/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Power BI Desktop.

Similar thread: Export to PDF from Desktop Doesn't Work 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
azeem75

Downgrade to previous version, it will work.

I expreience the same  after new 2.99 version upgraded.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Could not reproduce it as far as my test with the same version of Power BI Desktop, export to PDF works fine in my side.

You can try to pulish your report to service and export from there.

In addition, please go to the following path to check whether your exported pdf will be displayed there after you do such operation:  C:/Users/{username}/AppData/Local/Temp/Power BI Desktop/print-job-xxx/xxx.pdf

If all above points are not applicable to you, please try to uninstall your Desktop and reinstall it after deleting the content in this path: C:/Users/yourusername/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Power BI Desktop.

Similar thread: Export to PDF from Desktop Doesn't Work 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

JSN
Frequent Visitor

This is definitely an issue - it is not working for me and a bunch of other people as well here on this version.

Only downgrading helps!

allanw
Frequent Visitor

OK I have just checked my Power BI Desktop, now it is updated to Version: 2.100.1182.0 64-bit (December 2021).

I've tested again and the issue is gone. Export to PDF works as expected.

So in the end I assume it was indeed a bug, but now it is fixed in the latest version.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue.

I have two differents configuration:

- one PC with version 2.97.921.0 (09/2021)

- one VM with version 2.105.923.0 (05/2002) (but was not working with previous versions).

For the same report, on the PC with the oldest version it is working fine. On the VM, the Export to PDF menu is not accessible. I've tried to uninstall power bi, remove  C:/Users/{username]}/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Power BI Desktop and  C:/Users/{username}/AppData/Local/Temp/Power BI Desktop/, reboot and re-install the latest version but I still have the issue.