Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Export to PDF Bug - Content Shrink Creating Unwanted White Space

Hi, 
The Desktop PowerBI Export to PDF function is shrinking our content, creating an approximate 1/4" white space all around the page.    We are using Page Size letter with visual elements that bleed to the edge.  We would expect the Export to PDF function to respect our layout intact, rather than shrinking it and introducing white space. 

We can provide examples if needed.

Does anyone have a workaround or bug fix?

Many thanks,
Martin

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Psychemedics,

Please share a sample pbix file with dummy data. You can upload it to your OneDrive and post the share link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue, has there been a resolution for this?

Thanks,

Ryan  

Psychemedics
Regular Visitor

Hi, This issue has not yet been resolved.  Below are images illustrating the problem.  It's not data or visualization specific, any data, image, visualization or text laid out as bleed to edge exhibits the same behavior when initiating Export to PDF; an unexpected and unwanted white margin is added all around.

screenshot from PBI (letter size)screenshot from PBI (letter size)Screenshot of output from Export to PDFScreenshot of output from Export to PDF

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I have consulted this issue internally, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update?  This is a frustrating bug to deal with.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I didn't receive the information till now. Already consulted it again, will keep you update once I get information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Longbrow

Hello, I've recently started using the Power BI web service and am also experiencing a similar issue. Whenever I export a report, the image of the report seems to shrink and get pushed to the bottom left of the PDF, as shown in the image. (I've shaded the white space to make it easier to identify.)error sample.png

I've used different browsers and different view settings but I get the same result.