Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Export to Excel for conditionally formatted table fails

Hi,

We have a few reports having one or more tables with conditionally formatted columns. All the conditional formatting is background colour scales formatting.

Export data functionality for such tables fails every single time. This is observed for all such tables across multiple reports published in power bi service.

If anyone encountered similar issues and knows how to fix it, please let me know.

Thanks,
Revanth
Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

I make a test using my PBIX file, but unable to reproduce this issue. What version of Power BI Desktop do you use? Could you please share a PBIX file that containing dummy data so that I can test?

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft

Hi thanks for taking time to look at this.

After further testing we have identified that the issue is not cause by conditional formatting by when any column of the table is renamed with a blank space. Please find attached a sample Power BI report.

When the report is published to server, the tables with cannot be exported header will fail to export data as the status column is renamed as a " " (space). However the other table where the status column is renamed as "." will successfully export.

PS: Can't attach file, attaching an image. Simple report can be easily reproduced

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Revanth

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 77582952. Will post back once I get updates.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

I got response from PG:

"this is by design. There was a bug in desktop where we allow the user to set white space/empty column names.. this has been fixed since"

Regards,
Lydia